About Our Ministry
Shannon's Hope is a home with a mission to provide a residential community for pregnant women age sixteen through childbearing age who have no place to call home. Many times, these women have not been offered (or afforded) the basic decision-making skills and have made difficult choices about their lives. Shannon's Hope continues to offer them a place to call home, an opportunity to rebuild their lives, and a hope for the future.
Shannon's Hope not only provides a place to live, but helps guide our residents through troubled times. After a resident enters our facility, they quickly adjust to having a safe place to call home. Our programs are designed to help guide a woman and her child to a safe and stable independent lifestyle.
Mission and Vision
Shannon's Hope embraces the mission to provide a loving, life-affirming home to pregnant women. We strive to complete this mission through:
- To offer housing and support through our residential home and/or shepherding homes.
- To refer our clients to community resources or to adoption agencies which may be helpful to them as a single or relinquishing parent, enabling them re-entry into life.
- To help our clients initiate a "plan" for their future to work towards, both during and after their pregnancy.
- To foster a spirit of independence for themselves and also pass on to their children the same spirit, enabling many to break dependent roles.
- To maintain at all times, through and within the facility of Shannon's Hope, an atmosphere and practice of faith, hope and love.